Sunday, August 1, 2010

A sleepy attempt at drawing male figure

Ok, so I was getting into bed when I realised I had not updated my blog and I had not drawn anything yet. So tonight I attempted my first full body manga drawing whilst I was half asleep. Its quite sloppy and I did not really feel like doing it.

I had a lot of trouble with the face, so much trouble that I nearly succumbed to the dark side of tracing the face. I pushed through and after a long and gruesome five minutes, I gave in. With half closed eyes and unsteady hands, I tried to trace the male character’s face. To my horror, I realised that I had drawn the body out of proportion. I had tried to copy the original picture but the head was too small. I had to rub out the face and start again.

I also changed the hairstyle for my character to a much simpler one. Using the more detailed hairstyle would have taken more of my sleeping time and I’m just so tired tonight.

I am now going to publish this post, sign out and fall onto my bed because as I write this right now, my head flops over the keyboard with my fingers drifting from key to key.
So here is the picture

11 comments:

  1. hey
    looks fantastic good job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. heey thats good,
    wish i could draw like that.
    this is pritty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a very nice picture matt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you draw these on a tracing paper??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blogging and awesome drawrings:)
    Did you just draw them on paper?
    Also how long did it take to to this drawring?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys, the pictures are just drawn on normal paper and take about 10 to 20 minutes, unless of course I don't like it and I start again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey mate that is a great attempt to do a male figure and the drawing looks great. It looks like all the Chinese comic cartoon characters aha. I like what you are doing and you are doing it very well. Keep it up mate.

    ReplyDelete