Sunday, August 8, 2010

Heads are much easier!

Ok, so I went back to drawing faces instead of whole bodies, big deal. I found it much easier. So today I went to the local library to do some research and I found a great book, “How to draw more MANGA” by Katy Coope. It’s a very basic book and it takes you through the steps involved in drawing characters. When it comes to faces, you start out by drawing the basic egg shape. Some lines follow this, one vertical and three horizontal, to ensure you get the dimensions correct. The next step is to draw in the facial features and hair. Once you have done this, you can start working on the detail.

I enjoyed drawing this face much more than drawing the whole body, but I do want to be able to successfully finish a full body that I’m satisfied with. I’m sure that the more practice I get, the better I’ll become. So maybe next time.

I have attached my drawings below; the first is a pencil drawing, the second is a coloured version.



No comments:

Post a Comment